FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - "Meal" vs "Refreshment" in Domestic J - BNE - MEL
Old Oct 6, 2018, 10:26 am
LTN Phobia
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Originally Posted by dddc

Actually a soup might suffice. And I've been impressed generally with QF's soups on international flights. I did a SYD-BNE in J a few years back and remember a mince jaffle or similar was one of the options I was presented with. Not a fan but luckily there was pasta salad option. Just hoping to avoid that scenario!
Domestic soups are pretty good too, although if you want 'food', then might not be quite what you might want.

In fact I had one of those 'in-between time' flight today and the options were a fruit platter or an omelette with bacon, mushrooms and something else. I had the omelette and it was very nice. QF do their eggs excellently on domestic flights (although my favourite QF domestic dish ever was salmon on a bed of soba noodle salad...)

What's the BNE domestic lounge like?
All pretty decent - rather spacious (I'm talking about business part, rather than Qantas Club part, as I haven't really been in Qantas Club part). There is a juicing station in the morning, and hot elements much like MEL and SYD lounges as well. Structurally I think it's the nicest of QF domestic lounges and it's entered straight through security which makes it rather good (right at the end of the terminal, in case you have difficulties spotting the entrance to the 'complex'). I wouldn't spend hours there but as far as a waiting area goes, it's a very good one.