FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Ottawa Marriott [Master Thread]
View Single Post
Old Oct 5, 2018, 11:36 am
CMK10
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Stay Report - 9/29 - 9/30

Location: The hotel is located in Downtown Ottawa at the intersection of Queen and Kent Streets. For touring Ottawa the hotel is really well located. You're an easy walk to Parliament, ByWard Market, the military museum and a large number of restaurants and bars. The area around the hotel is fairly sleepy on the weekends but there was never an issue getting an Uber. YOW is about 20 minutes away.

Hotel: The hotel is an older, 1970s style hotel with even the closed revolving restaurant on top. There's a large lobby which has a Starbucks and a restaurant and bar. There's also an indoor pool and fitness center. Despite being a large hotel there was never a wait for an elevator.

Check In: We arrived at 12:30 and unfortunately were unable to check in but were able to store our bags. The agents at the front desk were always friend and helpful.

Room: As a Platinum I was upgraded to a corner King. My brother and his wife who are only Gold were not upgraded. The rooms here are not renovated and have old furniture and fixtures and horrendously tiny bathrooms. On the plus side the bed was comfortable, it had outlets near it and the wifi worked well. I also had a balcony I could go out on.

Lounge: I'm happy to report the lounge is open weekends. Weekdays breakfast runs from 6:30 to 9:30 AM and weekends 7:30 AM to 11 AM. Appetizers are Monday to Saturday 5:30 to 7:30 PM. Breakfast featured scrambled eggs, smoked salmon, cold cuts and cheese, breads and cereal. Appetizers had cheese, fruit, crackers and one hot dish. There was no alcohol.

Overall this hotel is pretty decent if a little old. Location wise it works very well.