FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Self-Upgrade to FLL
View Single Post
Old Oct 5, 2018, 7:05 am
Redwood839

Programs: MileagePlus Gold, Avis PP, National EE, Lifemiles Silver, ConnectMiles Gold
Originally Posted by pmarrsouth

Correct! Tbf, we were on the newer 737-800, with the much roomier business class seats, so it was less of a climb than it would be on a different plane

I do get the feeling that he might have known some of the people who were gated upgraded, and maybe he wanted to join them? Unsure if the woman in 2E knew who he was. There was a woman originally in 2F who had moved to 4F to join someone who she knew sitting in 4E

3A filmed the guy being told to move back to Economy and his “walk of shame”, he saw the camera and he grinned. So they might have been part of the group? (I was originally in 3A, but swapped to 4A, at 4A’s asking, to sit beside my gf who was put in 4B). Standard musical chairs to accommodate the 8 people gate upgraded.

On that note, I never understand why they do not upgrade in proper (logical) order. I would have been upgraded at the same time as my gf - same PNR and she would have had the exact same status as me and was 1 after me on the list. Should be easy enough to give me 3A and then her 3B right away. But you just have to realize it’s panama, so let’s tone down on expected logic

I've never seen that happen in CM but I've seen it on AV. They get sent back with their tails between their legs. Some audacity they have to pull this off.