FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Flying with a kid in LH J? Experiences, hints etc.
Old Oct 4, 2018, 2:29 am
Cupart

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), Bonvoy Gold, ALL Silver
Originally Posted by kanamurva
- there's the risk of extra noise. This is probably the biggest concern because kids are kids no matter how well you educate them. I'm feeling very positive about my kids behavior, but you can never know. And I also totally understand that other customers that have paid lots of money for their ticket have right to enjoy the benefits of J. My plan is to book seats from J minicabin which could probably be a bit more noisy and we would bother much less people if something happens. I would also assume that on a leisure style flight there would be customers drinking heavily in J and thus making some noise even worse than a kid.

Any thoughts?
Jumping to the last point so we get it over with ;-)

Gererally speaking it's never (or hardly ever) the kids that are the "problem" but rather their caretakers/parents. If a kid starts throwing a tantrum why can't the parent(s) take the kid to the galley rather than just sharing the whole experience with the rest of the cabin. I swear this happens 90% of times or maybe I have just been very unlucky in the past.
Not sure about the heavy drinking though... I never drink when flying and have never noticed any drunk behaviour on any flights I have ever taken so this should be the least of your worries.