FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Nish Palas Istanbul: The Unbound Collection
Old Sep 28, 2018, 2:42 pm
solewalker

Nish Palas Istanbul: The Unbound Collection

Introduction Elite Status: Hyatt GlobalistNish Palas Istanbul is part of the Unbound Collection in the Hyatt portfolio. Located in Nisantasi district, it is a category-2 Hyatt hotel with just 45 rooms. I spent one night here on a long Istanbul layover using 8000 Hyatt points, and liked the boutique-hotel feel of Nish Palas Istanbul. Check In I showed up at around noon, but was checked in immediately and given a room. The front desk agent also asked if I required a late check out.Check out was fast as well. Room As a Hyatt Globalist, I was upgraded to a View room, which is a corner room with some views of the Bosphorous and the surrounding area. The room is quite lovely, with a small sofa set by the window, and a beautiful wood console by the wall with a Nespresso machine, excellent tea selection, and a well-stocked mini-fridge.The comfortable King bed in the middle of the room is flanked by two side tables. The King bed is quite unique, as it has built-in room controls by the headboard, so you can flick the master switch on the headboard. There are power outlets by the bedside, and I appreciated their special charging cord by the bed with all charging outlets imaginable. The wifi worked well.Although the room isn't the largest, it pretty much packed anything you would need - ironing board, good-size safe, etc. Bathroom The bathroom is on the smaller side of things, but is beautiful with dark marble accents. It has a shower stall with a rain shower and hand wand, and a single-sink vanity.They feature their house-branded shower amenities, namely Nish Palace. I thought it was fine. I do like the size of their amenities, and how easy it was to use. Service I'd describe it as friendly and professional. Nothing really stood out either way. I did have to ask them about the breakfast benefits after I settled in the room. Dining Breakfast is served from 7-10 am at their ground floor restaurant Glens, although when I rolled down at 7 am, they informed me that they will only be ready at 7.30. Glens restaurant actually seems quite popular with diners during evening, as it has a lovely outdoor seating area, and features lovely high ceilings. The breakfast was very continental, i.e. cereals, pastries. Although the selection was limited, the croissants were nice, and the orange juice was very fresh. They didn’t have lattes when I asked, but they did have tea. Overall This is my first stay in an Unbound Collection property. I really liked the boutique hotel experience. The Nish Palas Istanbul is almost like a regular apartment in a nice Istanbul neighborhood, and the unique touches in the room made for a memorable stay. The Nisantasi neighborhood is very lovely, with lots of shops, cafes, restaurants. It is also within walking distance to Taksim, and just a 10 min walk to Osmanbey metro station. I recommend staying here to experience a different part of Istanbul.