Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Nish Palas Istanbul: The Unbound Collection

Old Sep 28, 18, 3:42 pm
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: AA, AS, UA, WN; Hilton, Hyatt, IHG, SPG

Nish Palas Istanbul

Map| 1 Review | 100% Recommended

Nish Palas Istanbul

Harbiye Mahallesi , Cd. No 12, 34367 ?i?li/?stanbul, Turkey TR

Nish Palas Istanbul: The Unbound Collection (12 Photos)

Nish Palas Istanbul

fullsizeoutput_22a5.jpeg

Elite Status: Hyatt Globalist

Nish Palas Istanbul is part of the Unbound Collection in the Hyatt portfolio. Located in Nisantasi district, it is a category-2 Hyatt hotel with just 45 rooms. I spent one night here on a long Istanbul layover using 8000 Hyatt points, and liked the boutique-hotel feel of Nish Palas Istanbul.

Check In

I showed up at around noon, but was checked in immediately and given a room. The front desk agent also asked if I required a late check out.

Check out was fast as well.

Room

As a Hyatt Globalist, I was upgraded to a View room, which is a corner room with some views of the Bosphorous and the surrounding area. The room is quite lovely, with a small sofa set by the window, and a beautiful wood console by the wall with a Nespresso machine, excellent tea selection, and a well-stocked mini-fridge.

The comfortable King bed in the middle of the room is flanked by two side tables. The King bed is quite unique, as it has built-in room controls by the headboard, so you can flick the master switch on the headboard. There are power outlets by the bedside, and I appreciated their special charging cord by the bed with all charging outlets imaginable. The wifi worked well.

Although the room isn't the largest, it pretty much packed anything you would need - ironing board, good-size safe, etc.

fullsizeoutput_22a6.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_22aa.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_22ab.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_22ac.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_22ad.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_22af.jpeg

Bathroom

The bathroom is on the smaller side of things, but is beautiful with dark marble accents. It has a shower stall with a rain shower and hand wand, and a single-sink vanity.

They feature their house-branded shower amenities, namely Nish Palace. I thought it was fine. I do like the size of their amenities, and how easy it was to use.

fullsizeoutput_22a7.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_22a8.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_22a9.jpeg

Service

I'd describe it as friendly and professional. Nothing really stood out either way. I did have to ask them about the breakfast benefits after I settled in the room. 

Dining

Breakfast is served from 7-10 am at their ground floor restaurant Glens, although when I rolled down at 7 am, they informed me that they will only be ready at 7.30. Glens restaurant actually seems quite popular with diners during evening, as it has a lovely outdoor seating area, and features lovely high ceilings. 

The breakfast was very continental, i.e. cereals, pastries. Although the selection was limited, the croissants were nice, and the orange juice was very fresh. They didn’t have lattes when I asked, but they did have tea. 

fullsizeoutput_22b0.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_22b1.jpeg

Overall

This is my first stay in an Unbound Collection property. I really liked the boutique hotel experience. The Nish Palas Istanbul is almost like a regular apartment in a nice Istanbul neighborhood, and the unique touches in the room made for a memorable stay. The Nisantasi neighborhood is very lovely, with lots of shops, cafes, restaurants. It is also within walking distance to Taksim, and just a 10 min walk to Osmanbey metro station. I recommend staying here to experience a different part of Istanbul.

Would you like to write a review on the Nish Palas Istanbul?

No, thank you.
Yes
Old Sep 28, 18, 10:50 pm
Hyatt 25+ BadgeMarriott 25+ Badge

Programs: HH Diamond; Marriott Amb; Hyatt Globalist; Accor Diamond; GHA Black; SLH Indulged; IHG Plat Amb
@solewalker, thanks for the review! I did not even know there was a UC hotel in Istanbul. Even though the the hotel looks nice, it is probably not as desirable for guests with elite status. If I am not mistaken, they do not have suites so the best possible upgrade would be the View Terrace room which are a bit bigger than the standard rooms, and is not the room you got. The hotel is small so probably not easy to score an upgrade.

Istanbul is a city with lots of full-service hotels where you can get lounge access and good odds of suite upgrades, at very modest price. Park Hyatt gets rave reviews from several guests. The price tag is higher than UC but only moderately so. At GH you will get lounge access and maybe a suite, possibly for cheaper than UC since GH is an older hotel. GH's reviews are not as great as PH, but decent nonetheless.

Outside of Hyatt, lots of good options too if you have status with other chains. St.Regis is an alternative to Park Hyatt, Hilton Bomonti has a great executive lounge, Fairmont is in a different league than UC at similar price.

Bottom line, while I am interested in trying a boutique UC hotel, I am not sure Istanbul is the right city for it, at least for me. For folks without elite status anywhere, that is a different equation however and this particular hotel would possibly be interesting to try. I see this hotel as best for people who have a strong preference for small boutique hotels relative to large hotels, and do not mind giving up elite perks for it.
Old Sep 28, 18, 11:40 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Nice pics and review. I think they could definitely do a little better for the breakfast for Globalists. I definitely would like a full breakfast and think some people would agree on that one.
Old Sep 29, 18, 1:45 am

Programs: HH Diamond; Marriott Amb; Hyatt Globalist; Accor Diamond; GHA Black; SLH Indulged; IHG Plat Amb
Originally Posted by Aventine View Post
Nice pics and review. I think they could definitely do a little better for the breakfast for Globalists. I definitely would like a full breakfast and think some people would agree on that one.
Fully agreed. And that is something Globalists can get elsewhere in Istanbul so when comparing options this stands out. Not even having lattes falls short in my opinion, let alone the breakfast food. But hotel hardware seems nice.
Old Sep 29, 18, 11:13 am

Originally Posted by escape4 View Post
Fully agreed. And that is something Globalists can get elsewhere in Istanbul so when comparing options this stands out. Not even having lattes falls short in my opinion, let alone the breakfast food. But hotel hardware seems nice.
Agreed, the hotel hardware does look exemplary but the breakfast shows where they are cutting corners. It's a restaurant that serves full meals for the rest of the day so it should be able to do a bit more than croissants and juice or tea.
Old Aug 1, 19, 7:32 am

Hi at all,

first of all, sorry for my bad english, i hope this will be understandable: After reading of this description i have registered me to also share my experience with Nish Palas in Istanbul:

Unfortunately, we had to make some very bad experiences in this hotel: one of our rooms had a broken, not completely closable window. The air conditioning was bad to regulate: either completely cold or too hot. The teapot in the other room was not cleaned and still full of the tea and on the bed we found hair. On the high price very poor breakfast (worst breakfast i have seen in a Hyatt) we had to pay for service additionally (the service was also bad, there was young boy with sport shoes doing the service who did not know which kind of tee "english breakfast" is, even after explaining he brough me "Earl Grey" first and then turkish tea, so i gave up). But the worst of all (I have already read this in other reviews ): We were virtually "thrown" from the room as the checkout time approached. Despite the confirmed late checkout we were initially harassed with telephone terror, that we should rather leave the room and then the cleaning ladies were already before the regular checkout time at the door.
So might be it depends on the status you have how they treat you as guest (i am not a Globalist). Usually for the first topics i would just say "you had no luck", but the last topic "thrown out of the room" is absolute nogo in my point of view. And it seems this was not the first time since i have read at least two other reviews about the hotel where it was done this way..

Last edited by aehlert73; Aug 1, 19 at 7:46 am
Old Aug 3, 19, 3:18 am

@aehlert73 thanks for the review, one more reason for me to stay away from this property. Too many great options in Istanbul.
Old Nov 20, 20, 7:02 am

Looks like this hotel is no longer part of Hyatt?
Old Nov 20, 20, 7:23 am

Yes, seems like Hyatt understood that this property does not worth it.
Old Nov 20, 20, 7:40 am

They could have rebranded this property to JDV to keep it in Hyatt family, but it's also understandable for them to part way as it never got the buzz - 2 years with hardly any mention on this forum.
Old Nov 20, 20, 7:54 am

Was only good for the Unbound badge.
Old Nov 20, 20, 9:42 am

Originally Posted by Aventine View Post
Was only good for the Unbound badge.
Yes exactly. There I made my Unbound Badge. And it was really only worth it for that

Search this Thread
Search Engine: