FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Updates to MP Premier Program -1K PQD $15K, P fare 150%, fewer RPU, Bag waiver & more
Old Sep 28, 2018, 1:34 pm
fumje
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by aacharya
Not in this case. United makes this explicitly clear in the FAQ immediately underneath. In typical "headlines" fashion, nobody reads the actual source document.
How do you mean? I had trouble forming a clear understanding from the following (from the FAQ, which I did read prior to posting):
The changes are as follows:
  • When flying in United Economy, Premier Silver members were previously allowed one bag with a maximum weight of 50 lbs. (23 kg) per bag. With these changes, the maximum baggage weight allowed for Premier Silver members has increased to 70 lbs. (32 kg) per bag.
  • Premier baggage benefits between the U.S. and Europe have increased:
    • When flying in United Economy between the U.S. and Europe, Premier Silver members are allowed two bags with a maximum weight of 70 lbs. (32 kg) per bag. This is an increase from the previous benefit of one bag with a maximum weight of 50 lbs. (23 kg) per bag.
    • When flying in United Economy between the U.S. and Europe, Premier Gold members are allowed three bags with a maximum weight of 70 lbs. (32 kg) per bag. This is an increase in the number of bags allowed, which was previously only two bags.
  • These changes make our Premier member baggage benefits consistent when flying long-haul international: Premier Gold, Platinum, and 1K members flying in United Economy between the U.S. and Europe, Asia, South America, Africa, or the Middle East are now allowed up to three bags with a maximum weight of 70 lbs. (32 kg) per bag. Premier Silver members flying in United Economy on flights between the U.S. and Europe enjoy both a higher baggage allowance — two bags — and higher weight — 70 lbs. (32 kg) per bag.
The last bullet is the only one directly addressing 1K, and it qualifies the stated allowance by referring to 'long-haul international' flights.

The statement introducing the bullet list is what seems to me to be the clearest indication that, unless otherwise stated, there is no change. But, as I said, I find it quite unclear that they definitively intended to say that, as opposed to them overlooking inclusion of whatever new allowances they will give to Platinum/1K(/GS).