FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 1.5x PQM for P fare?
View Single Post
Old Sep 28, 2018, 7:53 am
AAExPlat

Programs: AA LT Plat, UA 1k/1mm+, National EE, IC Plat, Bonvoy Gold
Changes to P Fare PQM Multiplier?

There may be some bad news on the horizon for those of us who buy P fares.

I booked a bunch of 1-ways between January and April 2019 on Tuesday. At the time, PQM/PQS/PQD showed as the standard earnings rates and multipliers. I checked my receipts to verify this.

When I tried to book another P fare today for May 2019, the PQM multiplier for P fares has changed from 2x to 1.5x.

I then looked at 2018 fares and other 2019 fares and I noted with great interest that 2018 fares all still show the 2x multiplier and all 2019 fares show the 1.5x multiplier now.

I am now on the phone with UA to try to find out whether they have made changes to their system prior to announcing changes in earnings rates, or if this is a website glitch/error.

The secondary question I have for them is whether the PQM conditions at time of booking are honored or if this is determined at the time of travel.

Either way, given the switch of earnings rates in the system from 2018 to 2019, I suspect there is a good chance this is intentional and not a website error.

Update: As of 9am CT, UA MP and 1k desk do not have awareness of a policy change in EQM earnings rates for specific fare classes, but they allowed for the possibility that system changes could have been implemented before notifying them.

Last edited by AAExPlat; Sep 28, 2018 at 8:09 am