FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA/SUN AIR - short TR
View Single Post
Old Sep 26, 2018, 11:44 am
EGLK FLYER

BA/SUN AIR - short TR

A big thumbs up to Sun Air for a short flight from Friedrichshafen(FDH) to DUS (Düsseldorf) this morning on a Dornier 328 jet.

It was an avios redemption with onward connection to Heathrow. The flight was marketed as a BA flight as was the trip the plane did after the DUS sector, which was to Billund. I don’t know what other services they do operating as BA.

Online check in was available and security at FDH was quick and painless. With only 20 or so punters boarding was quick, after a short bus ride from gate to plane. My normal carry on bag was too big for the small lockers on board so was tagged and placed in the rear hold. I settled down in 2A in the all economy cabin ( the lay out is 9 rows of 1:2 and with row 1 just having the 2 seats on the right). For some reason row 1 was not available at check in. A short taxi and we were airborne in a sprightly fashion - the noise in the cabin was fine.

Then, horror upon horror a FREE drink was offered (water or OJ) then a FREE cheese and ham roll was handed out (very tasty) followed by FREE teas and coffees. I thought that would be that but then a tray of yoghurts was offered - also FREE.

A quick descent into DUS followed and we were on the ground after an airborne time of about 50 mins.

Parking was on a remote stand and the aforementioned bag was at the bottom of the steps as I disembarked. Bus ride to terminal and I was in the lounge within 15 minutes of landing.

All in all all a good experience and if you ever wanted to fly in a Dornier 328 I would thoroughly recommend it😄👍