FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AA seat assignment loss / change / glitch / problem / FAM (master thread)
Old Sep 25, 2018, 3:54 pm
nhila

Location: JFK, LAX, LHR, DUB, MIA, ORD, MAD - heavy travel to all
Programs: EXP: 2014, 15, Final 7 Mo of 16, and all of 17 (soon to be '19-20). Big Bonvoy Users
I have called AAdvantage customer service 3 times the past week hoping to get someone to pull a string or three. But no luck.

So today I DM'd @AmericanAir via Twitter and they responded twice within minutes.

I am super impressed with their response time - just not the answer.

Sorry for the cut & paste job here ...
  1. Hi there ... need a bit of help from AA customer service re my upcoming international travel. I just sent an email to customer service and was auto-generated a reference number: 1-27819039457 Would love some attention to it. Please please. I Love AA ... thank you!

Delete this message sent 1 hour ago from
    1h1 hour agoSent
  2. We see your concerns, and at this time, we're not able to pre-reserve a seat for you on the departing flight out. We've checked the day before and the following two days, and aren't seeing any other First Class availability. Our gate team will do all they can to assign the seat on the day of departure. If by chance they have to do a downgrade, it would be to the Business cabin, not the main cabin.

Report this message sent 1 hour ago from American AirlinesDelete this message sent 1 hour ago from American Airlines
    1h1 hour ago
  3. Thanks for the amazing fly quick reply. My issue is I pre-reserved 1st class (2J) and I was booted from 1st. If that’s the case and I’m destined for Business let’s just give me a biz seat now

Delete this message sent 48 minutes ago from
    48m48 minutes agoSent
  4. We're still showing you ticketed in First Class for the flight. The gate agents will provide further assistance once you arrive.

Report this message sent 33 minutes ago from American AirlinesDelete this message sent 33 minutes ago from American Airlines
    33m