FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hampton by Hilton Blackpool {GBR}
View Single Post
Old Sep 25, 2018, 8:55 am
wizla

Programs: hhonors diamond
Originally Posted by holmedown
Unfortunately due to other circumstances didnt make it - the good and the bad:
Good -
was a points & cash booking - didnt know couldnt make it till after cancellation time.
Contacted through facebook messenger and advised too late to cancel and they were full following night - but did contact me later int he day to say was now a vacancy the following night but was too late for me as made other arrangements ( but did think that was good of them as were offering to refund the points part if I booked the next day cash)
however..
Bad - my credit card shows full price room for that night (which was more than the original night full price when I booked - but had gone up since) - when I booked it was a lot cheaper (long way out) - originally it showed just the £42 ? of the points / cash - and now shows £144 - I have asked them to look into it but no response so going through credit card company now.

Must say though - apart from the last paragraph above I was quite impressed with them phoning me a couple of times to see if they could help.

Oh ok...... sorry to hear this, it does seem that they try to interact, However you don't need the hassle of them overcharging and having to deal with this......I guess a bitter/sweet conclusion.