FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Platinum/Gold Welcome Amenities at Accor Hotels
Old Sep 23, 2018, 3:40 pm
Goldorak
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by Kobetraveller
I forgot about this issue and actually raised it at check out.

I was given a street view room facing in the direction of "Pub Street". For about 20 hours of the day I don't recall hearing anything. There may have been muffled sounds but I don't remember hearing any motorbikes etc etc.

However, for perhaps a four hour period in the early hours when already awake I did hear what sounded like laughing and drunken singing from somewhere in the near distance. I don't think it would have woken me up but was easy to hear when already awake.

I asked about this noise issue at check out. The Front Desk said that the Street View rooms were the best rooms because of the view. But apparently rooms on the other side of the building with no view except for a wall were quieter. I replied that for a Short Stay I had no problem at all with the room assigned but that for a Long Stay I might request a room at the other side of the hotel. After further thought, it is definitely something I would request in advance as quiet nights are more important to me than a view of the street.

On my Floor . . . the Third Floor the rooms seemed to be on only one side of the corridor from memory. I have had previous experiences in other hotels where the real noise issue for me was not outside the hotel, but doors being closed noisily, and groups of friends or family with several rooms talking noisily in the corridor or visiting each other in the early hours, and repeatedly closing the doors noisily, especially when rooms were on both sides of the corridor. My guess is that the chances of that situation in this hotel would be less due to there being relatively fewer rooms overall, and if all floors have rooms on only one side of the corridor. 112 rooms over 4 Floors means around 30 rooms per floor. The hotel was at low occupancy during my Stay and few guests seemed to be staying on my floor. I cannot comment on the sound proofing of the rooms or the audibility of loud talking people in the room next door.

A longer Stay would be needed to confirm this noise issue, along with experience on the other Floors. On first impression I would be very happy to go back but I may be proven wrong during high season in particular when even a small group of nearby noisy guests could be a problem if the rooms are not well soundproofed.

I forgot about this. Thank you for asking !
You are welcome
I was curious to know as last time I was in SR, the Ibis style was still in construction. Of course, nothing will drive me away from my beloved Sofitel Angkor especially now that it will have a club lounge very soon.