FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Are there any real benefits in being "Executive Elite"
Old Sep 23, 2018, 12:16 pm
bworrell

Programs: DL DM, AA PlatPro, Hilton DM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC, National EE
Originally Posted by wm47
What I value the most is being able to use the Emerald Reserve service for any car for my reward days -- I usually get Suburbans or Expeditions for family vacations, something you can't always count on being available via the Executive Aisle. I should point out that I don't believe I have ever been turned down -- when the upgraded vehicle I want is actually available -- when asking for an upgrade to an SUV at a counter service location or for an SUV when renting at an Executive Aisle location where there are SUV's available but not actually in the Aisle. But I don't know that this is necessarily a result of Executive Elite status; I might get the same treatment as an Exec.
This is my favorite benefit -- while National plays games with luxury cars, being able to reserve something like a good SUV for the free days is the best EE perk. This varies greatly by location though, for example I generally rent in SEA, LAS, or SLC. SLC (I think a franchised location) has terrible recognition of status and won't release any nicer cars (and just try talking them into it... it won't go well.) LAS and SEA have been great -- lots available and generally they will work hard to find you something good if you need it.