Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > National | Emerald Club
Reload this Page >

Are there any real benefits in being "Executive Elite"

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 17, 2018, 9:07 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA ConciergeKey | UA Plat | UA 2M Miler | Marriott Plat | Hilton Gold | Hyatt Globalist

I rent from National every week and recently earned "Executive Elite" status, which requires 25 rentals a year or 85 days of rental. Yes, I earn free rentals days slightly faster, but beyond that, I see no material benefit from the Elite status. There isn't an "Elite" section and even when I have gone to the rental desk asking for a complimentary "Elite" upgrade, I've simply been told, "I can offer you "x" car for "y" extra a day", which is basically the same deal anyone off the street would be offered.

Has anyone reaped any material benefits from being National Executive Elite?
Lane412000 likes this.
Old Sep 17, 2018, 9:27 pm

Free Days for almost any car class is the benefit I most enjoy. The ability to apply them after a rental makes it even better.

The "Elite" upgrade is called the Executive Aisle. Drive away in a Full-Size or higher vehicle for the midsize price. There is no other complimentary upgrade, so anything else that a station offers/gives you that is not on the Aisle, is simply gravy.

EE pricing for cars in PS is supposed to be lower than any other member group or a non-member off the street.
Old Sep 18, 2018, 8:39 pm

Programs: UA 1KMM, Bonvoy LTE+A, HH D, Nat'l EE, Hertz Plat, Avis PC
I agree that EE is a very underwhelming step up from Exec (which is a huge step up from basic EC). I'm not sure what I'd want them to give to make the status more meaningful, but anything that costs them money is probably going to require a lot more than 25 rentals a year...
ginmqi likes this.
Old Sep 19, 2018, 4:36 am

Originally Posted by Yellowjj
Free Days for almost any car class is the benefit I most enjoy. The ability to apply them after a rental makes it even better.

The "Elite" upgrade is called the Executive Aisle. Drive away in a Full-Size or higher vehicle for the midsize price. There is no other complimentary upgrade, so anything else that a station offers/gives you that is not on the Aisle, is simply gravy.

EE pricing for cars in PS is supposed to be lower than any other member group or a non-member off the street.
He's asking about the benefits of executive elite over executive. EA access is available to executive.
Old Sep 19, 2018, 1:57 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro, National Exec Elite, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Discoverist
What I value the most is being able to use the Emerald Reserve service for any car for my reward days -- I usually get Suburbans or Expeditions for family vacations, something you can't always count on being available via the Executive Aisle. I should point out that I don't believe I have ever been turned down -- when the upgraded vehicle I want is actually available -- when asking for an upgrade to an SUV at a counter service location or for an SUV when renting at an Executive Aisle location where there are SUV's available but not actually in the Aisle. But I don't know that this is necessarily a result of Executive Elite status; I might get the same treatment as an Exec.
Old Sep 19, 2018, 4:01 pm

Originally Posted by DJ_Iceman
I agree that EE is a very underwhelming step up from Exec (which is a huge step up from basic EC). I'm not sure what I'd want them to give to make the status more meaningful, but anything that costs them money is probably going to require a lot more than 25 rentals a year...
I had 365 rental days this past year and will have another 365 rental days this year. I don't expect any special treatment other than the standard EE benefits and kind managers doing their thing.

There was a thread discussing VIP status (which does exist but is not advertised and out of reach of most mortals) which is a step above EE, but for that it was discussed that you'll need to wield travel accounts power to bring in alot of business to National OR Friend of Taylors OR be an actual VIP (and the usual mantra seem to apply...if you have to wonder if you qualify for VIP...you probably don't)

But otherwise I will also echo other sentiments here that I wish there was something nicer for the EE customers.....
Old Sep 19, 2018, 6:21 pm

Originally Posted by m907
He's asking about the benefits of executive elite over executive. EA access is available to executive.
I know, I was pointing out that the Executive Aisle was the defacto upgrade for all elites and asking at the counter for your "complimentary upgrade" likely will result in nothing, because it's not a published benefit. I would take the words complimentary upgrade out my vocab and simply ask nicely if their is a chance I'll be able to get anything nicer than what's on the Aisle.

It would be nice if National had more EE benefits. Perhaps reserve and pay one car class less including SUV's , Or a separate area with Premium Cars or higher for EE.
Old Sep 20, 2018, 8:41 am

Programs: WN A-List, AA EXP, Hyatt Top Tier (definitely NOT a Globalist), National Exec Elite
If there is a greeter at the lot, I will engage with him/her briefly while walking towards the Exec aisle and indicate that I am Exec Elite. Maybe half the time, they ask if there is something specific I am looking for that they can pull around for me. The other half of the time they ignore. YMMV.
Old Sep 23, 2018, 12:16 pm

Programs: DL DM, AA PlatPro, Hilton DM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC, National EE
Originally Posted by wm47
What I value the most is being able to use the Emerald Reserve service for any car for my reward days -- I usually get Suburbans or Expeditions for family vacations, something you can't always count on being available via the Executive Aisle. I should point out that I don't believe I have ever been turned down -- when the upgraded vehicle I want is actually available -- when asking for an upgrade to an SUV at a counter service location or for an SUV when renting at an Executive Aisle location where there are SUV's available but not actually in the Aisle. But I don't know that this is necessarily a result of Executive Elite status; I might get the same treatment as an Exec.
This is my favorite benefit -- while National plays games with luxury cars, being able to reserve something like a good SUV for the free days is the best EE perk. This varies greatly by location though, for example I generally rent in SEA, LAS, or SLC. SLC (I think a franchised location) has terrible recognition of status and won't release any nicer cars (and just try talking them into it... it won't go well.) LAS and SEA have been great -- lots available and generally they will work hard to find you something good if you need it.
Old Sep 29, 2018, 1:45 am

Another advertised benefit is delivery to FBOs, not a pilot yet but I imagine it would be nice when you fly into a small airport for a few days.
Old Mar 31, 2019, 10:39 pm

Originally Posted by SNA_Flyer
I have a hard time believing that you consistently get low mileage luxury cars for the price of a Corolla from Hertz as a PC member. The whole reason I left Hertz was their stinginess with PC members, rarely even giving out the "Guaranteed" one class car upgrades. And a lot of high mileage worn down garbage. That was several years ago and maybe things have changed for the better with their new choice program, but I don't miss them.

Once in a while I do rent from Hertz, when I don't think the price premium National charges is worth it (and this seems to be happening more and more). And I'm usually reminded why I left.

Finally, there is no "Hype" to EE. It barely has any benefit over Exec. Slightly easier to earn a free day, free days are good for almost any car class, and guaranteed availability.

I find the customer service to be better overall with National as well.
are there any aisle called elite in certain airports special for executive elite?
Old Apr 1, 2019, 3:54 am

Originally Posted by m907
are there certain airports like mco with a special ee aisle?
Old Apr 1, 2019, 10:53 am

No, just the same ES with better benefits.
Old Apr 1, 2019, 10:54 am

No. Don't we have 2 threads on the same topic now?
Old Apr 2, 2019, 11:27 am

Programs: Delta DDM 720, SPG Unobtainium, CC Adamantium, can I keep bragging now?
Originally Posted by Ijones027
are there certain airports like mco with a special ee aisle?
Last week at SEA I think there was like one Escalade all by itself they said was the EE aisle or something (or maybe I misheard, I was in a hurry and just grabbed my car and jetted out).

Would be nice to see more of them though!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.