FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Q Suite Master Thread
View Single Post
Old Sep 22, 2018, 3:14 pm
Cheetah_SA

Programs: BA BD SA
Originally Posted by anabolism
I've flown in EF seats with my spouse, but it was a day flight (LHR-DOH) so we didn't use the bed. However, my advice is to consider which you value more: the window view or being together as a couple. I enjoy window views, although mostly you only see things during the first and last 30-40 minutes of a flight, as there usually isn't much that can be seen at 30-35 thousand feet. With the EF center seats you can close the doors and the two of you are enclosed together, can talk during the flight, try each other's food, etc. Some couples love this on a long flight, while others find it too much.
You make very good points.

In trying to make a decision I endlessly scrutinised the available photos and videos - and was suddenly taken aback at how close the IFE screens are to each other in the EF seats. It seems to me that it would be hideously distracting to have one’s neighbour’s massive screen so close to one’s field of vision. My partner and I do very well on the middle seats of the 787 and 350 where the screens are angled away from each other. So I think we’ll forego the novelty of the “double bed” configuration in favour of more control over our individual spaces.