FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Q Suite Master Thread
View Single Post
Old Sep 22, 2018, 10:24 am
anabolism

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Originally Posted by shimps1
My wife and I are booked ORD<>DOH, and we currently have the E/F seat combo booked for the double bed each direction. Does anyone have thoughts on whether this is really a better seat than some of the others? We both enjoy a good window view, like in rows 10 or 8, but would be willing to sacrifice that if the double bed is really a great benefit. What are the overall thoughts on it? These will be the longest flights we have ever been on, so I think a window view would be nice, but so would the extra room of the bed.
I've flown in EF seats with my spouse, but it was a day flight (LHR-DOH) so we didn't use the bed. However, my advice is to consider which you value more: the window view or being together as a couple. I enjoy window views, although mostly you only see things during the first and last 30-40 minutes of a flight, as there usually isn't much that can be seen at 30-35 thousand feet. With the EF center seats you can close the doors and the two of you are enclosed together, can talk during the flight, try each other's food, etc. Some couples love this on a long flight, while others find it too much.