FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ARCHIVE: Which 777-200ER / "772"? J, MCE, PEY, 45J to 37J
Old Sep 21, 2018, 9:26 am
JDiver
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Welcome to FlyerTalk, kksquared.

You first posts will be sent to the moderation queue for review in many instances, which often results in a lapse of time before your post is viewable. Editing a post that has cleared the moderation queue sends it back into that queue.

AA likely thought at one time the 772 fleet would be fully converted and refitted with PE by the time you fly. For some reason we don’t know, the 772 45 Zodiac seat aircraft have not been retrofitted to J 37 with PE. See here for the configurations. I suspect EZE is a market better suited for J 45, so I’m guessing only these aircraft will be dispatched on this route for now, and your only hope would be an equipment substitution for a J 37 bird, which would also require downgrading some unhappy customers - not likely Dispatch will do this unless it’s a total urgency to get a new aircraft on that route, from my perspective.

If you can do so without disrupting your schedule ovverly, I’d suggest requesting rerouting to a normally PE equipped flight.

Last edited by JDiver; Sep 21, 2018 at 9:35 am