FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ARCHIVE: Which 777-200ER / "772"? J, MCE, PEY, 45J to 37J
Old Sep 21, 2018, 9:02 am
kksquared

Status of 777-200 Retrofits?

Has there really been no progress on the 777-200 retrofits since February? In March, I booked premium economy on a flight JFK-EZE leaving late November. A month later, in April, I get an email from American moving us down to regular economy -- they updated the plane info with a non-retrofit aircraft. I called American a few times - took awhile to get someone who even knew what I was talking about with the retrofit process. Finally got someone who suggested we wait a couple months in case they replaced the plane again. (I did get succeed in getting her to move us back to the PE row in case the switch back happened - with the initial bump, American kicked us all the way back to row 30-something!) Fast forward, the seat map for our flight is still showing a non-retrofit 772 and I'm kind of pissed. The only reason we booked with American was to give premium economy a try. If we were going to get stuck flying economy, we could have booked for cheaper with Delta. I feel pretty taken advantage of with the whole situation. Why let us book PE and then take it away? Any thoughts on the odds of us getting a retrofit plane over the next two months?

Last edited by kksquared; Sep 21, 2018 at 9:22 am