FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - What is your camera of choice while traveling?
Old Sep 20, 2018, 2:41 pm
mapleg

Programs: IHG Gold
Every time I take a trip, I dither over what to take. I think I spend more time doing that than booking hotels and building rough itineraries. Not a good sign! Some places you travel to you hesitate to bring your best equipment, but this is back to Japan where you really can walk around with any camera you want and no one bats an eye.

Going to Osaka next week and going to bring full frame 6D Mk ii with 24-105 as the main lens, the pancake 40MM 2.8 for evening, and just for the fun of it a manual focus wide angle Samyang 14mm. Not sure how much I will use it but it may give me some interesting shots at night in Dontobori and some landscape shots when I travel out of town.

Also going to bring a Fuji x70 I have as a small pocket camera for when I want to go super light. It's not a camera I see mentioned here a lot, but since I already own it and it's so small and rechargeable via USB, why not? It actually takes very good photos and I really like the Fuji colour renditions.