FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (Flame Free) 2018
Old Sep 20, 2018, 2:54 am
flying_pig

Originally Posted by skywardhunter
Hm but you're sure there's availability? The stopover throws a spanner in the works in terms of checking on EF, as one can't specify a stopover, however married segment still applies, so you need to search Africa-STN but EF won't let you specify the stopover duration/dates (at least that I can find)
Yes that's a good point. I am relying on the TA who says that if booked as a new itinerary (Africa-STN) they see availability. I am also creatively looking up on EF as married segments (albeit without stopover) on +/- 1 days and it seems to indicate availability in A. Also, plugging the exact itinerary on EK's website it does give availability in first (albeit flex plus). It does seem odd that it zeroes out in all classes, and only on the STN flight (if there was an availability issue with the Africa-DXB sector I would expect it to affect also the LHR routings).

I am hoping it's some issue tied to the Africa-DXB sector and that I'll be able to resolve in DXB with the ticketing desk once the ticket only has DXB-LHR left on it, but I am also prepared for a no...