FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - How to solve the boarding process once and for all for United
Old Sep 19, 2018, 9:17 pm
adambrau

Programs: UA MileagePlus 2MM
Just a general observation - people in airports act like children. It could be the overcrowding, the security, the unfamiliarity, the anxiety - I don't know what it is. I just don't understand why people get so worked up about when they can board a flight, and who goes first, and what not. As much as I love the new airplanes coming on property, and the older ones being upgraded with new premium cabins, as a member of FT since 2001 I have never known a boarding process change to not be a huge source or irritation to so many people. Apart from the domestic road warriors who fly every week, and hopefully they are now in BG1 or higher, what are the airlines supposed to do? I mean, at most, there are 2 jet bridges for wide bodies in some airports. At many there is just one. So if 400 people are going to funnel through one door, what can possibly be done? Nothing. This whole panic over yet another UA boarding process change is ridiculous. As it is with Delta American and many of the worlds' better carriers. Pack a little patience and remember airfares are historically low. Safety is up. Wifi is abundant. Enjoy the airport and bring on a little less cabin baggage. Travel is a privilege, unless you are trying to get through the Holland Tunnel on a holiday weekend. It's not that bad folks, but more importantly, we live in a world where civility is disappearing faster than the icebergs in the Arctic. Are things perfect at America's airports - NO. And they haven't been for some 40 years!