FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - TAP - Lisbon - Baggage check-in time
View Single Post
Old Sep 19, 2018, 6:45 pm
Bear96
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MellieAZ
Thanks for the reply. We (and our luggage) have to be off the cruise ship by 9am. We considered storing the luggage (3 pieces) near the dock and doing more sightseeing but the logistics started getting too complicated.

I like the idea of checking the luggage and then using the metro but DH doesn't like taking chances - we've had close calls before with strikes/accidents on public transportation. I may talk him into it once we're at the airport. Thanks!
The cruise ship port is a very easy walk to the Santa Apolónia train station, which is one of the main railway terminals in central Lisbon. I would use one of the luggage lockers there when you first dock, enjoy a few hours in the center, and then take the metro (or an Uber if you don't want to brave public transport with luggage in a foreign city) from Santa Apolónia to the airport when you are ready. As others have observed the Lisbon metro is very user friendly, although be aware there is one transfer involved between S.A. and LIS. Uber in Lisbon is also very easy and cheap.

NB: While the metro or Uber are easy, give yourself plenty of time to navigate from the airport metro station or Uber drop-off point through luggage check-in to your gate, especially if you want to enjoy any pre-flight lounge time. My recent experiences at LIS have been frustrating; too many people funneling through too small a facility these days.

Last edited by Bear96; Sep 19, 2018 at 6:53 pm