FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - IC The Barclay New York Master Thread
View Single Post
Old Sep 19, 2018, 1:12 pm
patmcpsu

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, AAdvantage Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by jongesander
For some reason I didn't pay any resort fee's last weekend, when I was using my Amb. Cert. Used some F&B credit, but wasn't charged for it as well.

Don't count on an upgrade. I had booked a Club King Room (description says starting at 300sq feet). They told me they've upgraded me to Premier King (description says starting at 300sq feet).
As noted in the posts in this thread from late-August 2017, the hotel has an odd upgrade philosophy if you book a Club Room. When you book a Club Room, it is supposedly to a base room with club access (despite what the room description on the website says) and any upgrade would be to a not-base room with club access.

In practice, I'm willing to believe that anybody who books a Club Room gets something higher than a base room (I have no evidence of this, other than common sense).

I think it's just a ploy to keep Ambassadors from booking the highest-tier guestrooms and upgrading to suites. I'm curious to see what upgrades an Ambassador gets if they book the level beneath a Club Room (Barclay King).