FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Another BAFT mini-do. Gibraltar, Saturday 23 March 2019
Old Sep 19, 2018, 12:30 am
megaloman

Programs: BA GfL/GGL/CCR, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by diburning
I'm thinking about joining as Gibraltar is on my list of places to see. Just a few questions though:

1. If I connect in LHR, do I need to enter the UK at LHR since Gibraltar is a UK territory?
No, if you do an airside transfer ar LHR, you'll clear immigration at GIB only. You'll only pass security at LHR.

2. If the answer to #1 is no, then if I'm flying multiple carriers (FI to BA) and check a bag, since they don't interline will I have to enter to UK to pick up the bag? If the answer to #1 is yes, then I might have to find a different itinerary since the line/queue to cross the UK border is usually very long.
You'll have to clear immigration (pretty quick with European/EEA passporr as one can use the e-gates), collect your luggage, go to Terminal 3 departures and check in your luggage, then security.

3. What's the best place to get the best view of planes crossing the road at the airport? Do I take the cable car to the top of the rock?
No idea yet, but I have a plan to be somewhere on the rock to spot a later plane arriving from London 😉