FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Showing as platinum status when I was Marriott platinum prior to merger
Old Sep 18, 2018, 4:26 pm
brianinok

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum / Hyatt Discoverist / IHG Diamond / American Airlines Executive Platinum
Originally Posted by jeanie
Please post your results. I have a feeling that the customer service reps and supervisors don't have the ability to fix those things. It is probably an IT issue. Hopefully, I am wrong, though!
So, I had a 40 minute completely unproductive call with a MR supervisor (though quite professional and nice). She told me that my case that had been opened a couple weeks ago had been looked at and they determined that my status is correct. She apologized no-one contacted me to tell me.

I got her to go to the chart on the Marriott website that shows that MR PE will be MR PPE after merger. But she said because I was LTG before merger and became LTP after merger that is my status-- LTP. She said you can only be one status, and mine is LTP. I explained to her how that could not be. I said if someone joined today and stayed 75 nights for a couple years they would be PE and that would override any LTS status. She did not seem to understand it was possible to have a LT status and a current status AT ALL.

After quite some time of trying to reason with her I said we were at an impasse and said it would be best for me to speak to someone higher up. She said she was a supervisor and that no-one higher than her speaks to customers. The only option she could give me was to email a general Marriott email and wait for a response. I told her my understanding was those emails were bouncing back because the inboxes were so full, and she assured me they weren't full.

As we ended I told her I appreciated her professionalism, though I disagreed with her strongly. What she was telling me was blatantly false according to the information Marriott corporate was putting out to customers. I said there were limits to my commitment to Marriott. She waxed poetic about how if customers just stick with them they'll get problems sorted out-- a lot of things will get swept up by IT at the end of the year, a month isn't very long to fix a merger like this, etc, etc. So, I said it sounds to me like you don't really know what's going on and you know a lot of problems will get fixed at some point, and you're not sure if my account is included in that. She said that's not what she said. I said okay and we ended the call.

Basically, I have minuscule faith that my email will get me anywhere. It might even bounce back. I am likely to make PPE by YE anyway, so I might just drop it, and if I do I'll probably call in the new year and ask for a point adjustment for the bonus points I missed out on (75% bonus v. 50% bonus) between August 18 and December 31.