FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}
Old Sep 18, 2018, 11:40 am
G-CIVC

Programs: CX Diamond, AA exExPlat, BAEC exGold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Starriott Titanium, GE
Posted twice (I think?) while reading ferociously through the thread over and over and finally I'm here. 3rd night and 4 more to go - already feeling upset whenever I see a seaplane!

Our host although not *that* warm has been friendly and hospitable let alone helpful with reservations and all that.

Just a few issues - I remember reading from one of the trip reports in the wiki above that afternoon tea was a mini buffet of some sort - it's now a plated selection of snacks and sweets where you don't get any second helpings - is this a new thing? The portion is alright tho.

Secondly, we are now in SWV 335 but the condition is not as good. I think half of the electric plugs are not working, as well as all the entertainment systems except the TV itself.
There is no blu ray player either...feels a bit strange that we actually miss our DBV that we just moved over from? Who should we inform and will they be able to fix it?

PS for anyone interested/that might find relevant, the FHR benefit is a free lunch/dinner, but the FHR website doesn't mention it - options available are Mandhoo, Atoll Market or Ufaa. You have to inform your host to book it but they are all well aware of their FHR membership and benefits. We used it for dinner at Atoll Market our first night here, it was the least desirable (by far) meal so far, but we don't regret it since we figure that we wouldn't pay for it on our own dime - which we would gladly for all of the other restaurants otherwise.