FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Most ridiculous journey you've done/heard of?
Old Sep 18, 2018, 8:56 am
Pavane

Programs: Delta, American, United, Virgin Atlantic, BA, JetBlue, SW, etc.
When I was a kid my father flew to Paris for lunch from NY. I asked him if he had flown on the Concorde.
"That would have been a waste of money!" he retorted.
(Dad was in international trading from 1945 to 2005. He finally quite traveling (mostly to Asia) when he was 95. He took me around the world on Pan American double decker strasophere cruisers between the ages of 6-8) He often flew to "nearby" countries in Central America for day trips. He could sleep anywhere and eat anything. He was a very boisterous, controlling man, but not when he traveled. He said: "You go into limbo once you enter an airport. You are not able to change the weather or schedules, so you relax and go with the flow and take over when you arrive." He never got upset and if his room wasn't ready at a hotel, he'd say, "I'm not fussy. Put me in the broom closet." For some reason he always got upgraded on planes and hotels--often the best suite in the house because of his "humble" attitude. In fact, he was as "humble" as President Trump and could have taught him a thing about the art of the deal. On forms in school about my father's occupation, I often wrote: Wheeler-Dealer."