FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Just received Schedule Change Notice from Aer Lingus:
Old Sep 17, 2018, 1:23 pm
chugger1

Programs: GE, B6 True Blue, Hilton Honors, IHG
Just received Schedule Change Notice from Aer Lingus:

We are booked on Nov 23 FCO>DUB> MIA , the whole itinerary on Aer Lingus. Original booking had a 2 hour layover in Dublin. Just received an email from Aer Lingus that the flight from FCO is arriving DUB 45 minutes later than original itinerary, thus we will only have 1 hour and 15 minutes to make connection in DUB, where I know we have to preclear customs. Both our flights from FCO to DUB and DUB to MIA both arrive and depart from terminal 2 in DUB so I guess that's a plus.

We are both American citizens with Global Entry. Is this still doable? Would Aer Lingus make this change if it wasn't doable? Was on hold with them now for almost an hour, then my call got dropped! No one answers the phone at Aer Lingus!

If we didn't make our connecting flight to MIA, I realize Aer Lingus is still responsible for getting us home, but what would that entail? Do they put us on another carrier and how long can they legally make us wait in the airport? Since DUB>MIA leg is direct, do they have to provide another direct flight DUB>MIA if we don't make the original because of their schedule change? Aer Lingus only flies direct to MIA Wed, Fri and Sun.