FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hawaiian Airlines nonstop HNL-BOS starts April 2019
Old Sep 17, 2018, 3:42 am
FBWFTW

Programs: TrueBlue/Hawaiian Miles
Originally Posted by stc
YMMV. Every time I've went to a hotel in the Caribbean, I was disappointed. My ex-wife and I regularly went to Hawaii. Maybe I'm being an ugly American, but it's about the service. (I live just outside of Boston.)
+1 and then some-as a Bostonian who’s done the trek to HNL 4 times recently (via JFK 3x and EWR once) I’m more than pumped for this flight! I just wish it would’ve started a bit earlier in the winter when I’m desperate to get out of the cold for a bit. Sure there’s the Caribbean as mentioned above, and my wife has family in the PBI area who we usually go see in Jan/Feb... BUT Hawaii is so much better in our opinion (of course more expensive yes but paradise nevertheless)

We’ve been watching and waiting for this flight for a few years now and plan to do it in the following winter if it’s successful.

Now instead of waking up at 4am or earlier for the first flight down to JFK, we can sleep in til 6/7 (we live ~7 min from Logan) and still be in Waikiki for sunset with a drink in our hands. I read a while back (on here or another aviation type site iirc) that there’s a large Polynesian community/diaspora in the Greater Boston area so that may have played a role. Certainly wish this route the very best and I hope they keep the A332 on it cause unless they do proper W or more upgraded EC on the 78’s, they’ll be more painful down the back. Aloha and good luck to Hawaiian on this route!