FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 777 New First Class
View Single Post
Old Sep 17, 2018, 12:06 am
gillyd22

Programs: EK Plat
Originally Posted by sydtogla
If you are paying cash for F then it is a real no brainer. As mentioned before, very little award availability either as an award ticket or miles upgrade at the moment. Can't see that changing soon.

Alternatively you could fly on it to BRU and then get a short hope from BRU to LCY and it would probably be quicker than getting the CD from STN if you're in central London!
take this advice! Tried the new F to STN last week. It is fabulous. Just one problem - it goes to STN! Luckily I’m not returning from STN as there is only one lounge there that’s used by every airline known to man, including EK. Plus Priority Pass plus anyone who wants to pay!! So it is very, very busy. And the offerings fall somewhat short of the normal EK offerings. Plus, they nearly didn’t let me in, even though I was holding an onward J ticket! They said it was at capacity!!!!!
but it looks as though you are only going there as opposed to leaving from there so no issues for you! If you have the opportunity to try the new first, I would definitely go for it.