FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Have a Simple Question About United Airlines/MileagePlus? Ask Here [2018]
Old Sep 16, 2018, 3:00 pm
fumje
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by flyguy6
I am seeing my name twice on the upgrade list. It appears there is someone with same a very similar name to me. Is there any way to tell which one I am?

I don't know if it is related to Florence but I am seeing some crazy long upgrade lists. One of my flights is not clearing upgrades with 7R and <24 hours before flight.
If you are familiar with upgrade patterns on that route, you may be able to guess with a good degree of confidence. But I can't think of any way to confirm on your own without possibly affecting your priority on the list. Somewhat for this reason, I usually look at the list just before I check in as well.

Sometimes recently they seem to like to hold off on upgrades until right around T-24 and run one sweep. But note also that they've changed the way upgrades displayed, so that you only see check marks for passengers who have already checked in at the time of upgrade, which means it's much harder to know if anyone has or has not cleared.