FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Travel Package General Discussion Thread
View Single Post
Old Sep 16, 2018, 9:51 am
Happy
FlyerTalk Evangelist

[QUOTE=patiolanterns;30209270]I hold an OC6 cert, also just converted to a NC5 using the UK call office. First agent was polite and told me that I could upgrade, but if I downgraded there would be NO points refund. Because his information was wrong, I decided I would rather him not process the transaction, so I hung up and called again. Second agent was extremely nice and confirmed I could either pay 30K points to upgrade or receive 30K points to downgrade. I opted to upgrade. I half-jokingly asked her to do it for 0 points, got shot down right away .

She also said I could upgrade or downgrade the cert in the future at will, just like the old packages, so my choice was not set in stone at all. Not sure if I believe that or not, but she was adamant that it was indeed the case.

Took her 10 seconds to do the transaction once I made my choice, she had clearly done it before.

Interestingly she was able to quickly transfer my points from my SPG account without merging them. So I'm leaving my accounts un-merged for now and will simply transfer points through the call center as needed.[/QUOTE]

This is a great DP.
Did you see the Marriott account balance went up by the corresponding amount? Or the points are just used to order the upgrade cert?

I need to do some bookings but would prefer to do it from the Marriott side due to it carries higher status. Also want to keep all reservations in one place instead of splitting to 2 sites.
There are still issues when combining accounts the reservations disappear from online accounts!

Last edited by Happy; Sep 16, 2018 at 10:09 am