FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Too many distruptive videos on board
View Single Post
Old Sep 16, 2018, 5:09 am
makrom

Originally Posted by orbitmic
One thing to say with all the technological advances and video at every seat, why is it not possible to play only one safety video with people asked to choose English or Arabic and put their headset on?
The result would be that most people simply won't put on their headset until the briefing is over. I for sure know that I would be one of them. And so would be Mr and Mrs Confusedalot who will fail to put on their headsets on time and set the correct language.
If it were me, I would put up safety tests instead of safety briefings. A test that needs to be taken before the flight and you could get a type rating for aircrafts that you have passed before.
As it is, those briefings couldn't be more useless since in case of an actual emergency, those not already knowing what is communicated during those briefings won't be able to remember anything anyway. They will put on the oxygen mask on their child first, they won't know that the life vest is under their seat, they will take their oh so important stuff from the overhead compartment and you can bet your axx that they will run like a squirrel on steroids in their inane search for the nearest exit door, bumping into everyone and everything along the way.