FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Travel Package General Discussion Thread
View Single Post
Old Sep 15, 2018, 6:25 pm
joshuahuang

Programs: Marriott
Angry bad dp today

Just called Marriott today to convert the certificate. Talked with 3 agents and 2 supervisor/managers in US this afternoon. I did successfully convert old C6 to new C4. But, I didn't get the 30K points difference reimbursement. Here is the details.

1. QP87 has been REMOVED from the ordering system at Marriott side. The ONLY new C4 that Marriott reward agent can help you to convert now is QP83. Two different agents told me that they can't see QP87 anymore. (One of them even told me she was able to see it earlier this week.)

2. Marriott recently (Agent said on 09/13) sent a training/announcement email to their reward agents about the travel package certificates conversion process. Marriott made it clear that all agents need to stick to the existing conversion table and inform the members that there will be NO POINTS REFUND at the time of conversion, even if there was points difference between the legacy certificates(old C5/C6 for example).

3. Marriott recently also trained their reward agents that all the Marriott travel package certificates can ONLY BE USED AT MARRIOTT PROPERTIES. (And yes, the 'manager' confirmed with me TWICE on this topic.)

I'm not happy at all with Marriott right now. Apparently they just screwed their members up. I still Platinum while I should be Platinum Premier status. I still can't select my 50N gifts even I'm already 75N now, as that page always ends up with Oops error message. And now, they don't even allow to refund the points difference on the certificates and don't allow me to use it on SPG properties!