FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Grand Hyatt Seattle REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Sep 15, 2018, 12:47 pm
OPENROAD

Programs: Delta Silver Medallion, BA Executive Blue, IHG Platinum Elite,Kimpton.
Originally Posted by caliform
I personally barely understand the benefit of a lounge in a hotel as-is; perhaps in an airport, where options are limited and poor, it makes sense. In the middle of a city? With tons of great food options around, with local flavor and wonderful scenery to enjoy, you'd rather pay $45 for two supremely mediocre buffets?

No. You can absolutely do better than that in downtown Seattle. The options are already listed. If you make a convenience choice — perhaps you're insanely busy, you have no time to ever go to a restaurant even next-door or in the hotel itself — that's fine, but otherwise go out and get some quality food in a city known for lots of excellent dining options.

Lounges in hotels in the States that I have experienced are pretty poor, unlike in Europe, did a stay at the Clayton Burlington Dublin, lounge was super nice, hot food in the evenings, help yourself wine and Guinness, far superior to what I have experienced over here.

Seattle has improved i the few years I have been here restaurant wise, Belltown, Capitol Hill have some really good places for eating.