FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Elite Plus upgrade voucher
View Single Post
Old Sep 14, 2018, 12:15 pm
zap7

Programs: TK elite+(*gold), Marriott Lifetime Platinum, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond, (Ex-Hyatt Diamond/Globalist)
Thumbs up Great call center experience and I love being TK elite+

Just another data point: Called the turkish call center today and this was the best experience ever (when trying to book complex Partner awards, I also had much luck last because it usually only took two tries to get it done - with really complex stuff that only 1 of three LH miles & more agents could handle correctly).

Using my elite+ voucher today: booked ticket with AMEX travel website to use my travel credit (took 1 hour till they actually had the ticketing processed), checked availability =J4, felt lucky enough to finish my office work today before calling in for the upgrade.
Took 15 seconds to get connected to an Agent, he had checked availability after 30 seconds, used 1 vocher to upgrade CGN-IST-HRG with 11 hour layover, and the whole thing took just about 4 minutes - would have been 3 if I had had my ticket number ready (I was assuming the PNR would be sufficient and had to look the ticket number up first).
As fast and professional as LX, much better than LH, very happy.

total cost with AMex voucher, E Class and upgrade: 75 EUR

Thanks guys for teaching me this stuff from 2005-2015, and Lifetime Marriott platinum Status is also almost done

Last edited by zap7; Sep 14, 2018 at 12:20 pm Reason: fixed typos