FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Delta In-Flight Meal/Food Service: The Definitive Thread — 2018/2019 Edition
Old Sep 13, 2018, 10:31 pm
BenA

Programs: DL Diamond 1.7MM, Starlux Insighter, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by jdrtravel
Wow--that really is just a scoop of chicken salad from any cheap grocery store deli counter with exactly three thin slices of carrot and two thin slices of cucumber.
Yep - that's the sort of hyperbole we like to throw around in this thread, but I think it's actually true in this case. Given the caterer issues in SLC right now, my theory is that it's intentionally designed this way because it's something crazy simple that even the most novice catering employee in SLC can knock out.

Open tub of Costco chicken salad. two ice cream scoops into the bowl. drop in some arugula. top with carrot and cucumber slices. next. Two slices of bread. One slice of costco sliced cheese. A few pieces of turkey. One sprig of lettuce. Next.

I dont mind that approach, necessarily, but calling this Dinner stretches the definition of the term to its absolute limits... if this flight was sold as "Snack", it would be more reasonable.