FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Parmelia Hilton Perth {AUS}
View Single Post
Old Sep 13, 2018, 7:59 pm
anabolism

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Originally Posted by wantan
Their reply :"The Deluxe rooms contain a living area, but this is not separated from the bedroom by a door. The Suites all have the bedroom and living areas separated by doors."

I also asked about Diamond benefits , and it listed " Welcome drink and tapas During evening as unfortunately we do not have executive lounge."

Anyone has experience of this ? they either ignored or missed my query on time of the tapas and if it's a one-off or available throughout the stay.
So the difference between the suites and the Deluxe rooms is just as you hoped, the former have doors. Cool.

The way the tapas and drinks work is when you check in you get one coupon for each day you are staying there, each coupon good for a tapas and a drink. The tapas are always three different things on a plate. What they are changes daily. The drink is your choice, You can get this in the restaurant pretty much any time you like, although probably only during dinner service. In the timing aspect, it's better than a lounge because you are not limited to a specific 90-minute or two-hour period. However, it's one plate per coupon, unlike a lounge where you can get more as often as you like. The tapas selection changes daily, but you can ask what it is and if there's something you don't like you can ask to have that replaced with one of the others. Note that although you get one coupon per night of your stay, you get them all at check-in, and in my experience it's possible to use two together. Sometimes we stayed at the beach too late and didn't want to shower and get changed to get the tapas, so instead we skipped it that day and used two coupons the following day. I can't say if it's supposed to work that way.