FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - All together now -- Continuing technical issues from the legacy SPG forum
Old Sep 13, 2018, 6:32 pm
ftrichard

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, BAEC Silver, TK Miles & Smiles Elite
Originally Posted by margarita girl
Great! Can you make SPG reservations without calling in? Seems quite a few people still having problems with that.
Hi :-). I had three SPG reservations correctly carried over on August 18 at LeM Saigon and MeM Bangkok. I know people at both hotels and subsequently emailed them to confirm the reservation, new SPG/Marriott number and Platinum Premier status were all present and correct. They were.

Since then, I made one points redemption online at the Sheraton Macau for New Year (not such great value at 35,000 points per night now - I remember when it was 7000 Starpoints - but it's New Year and rates are already quite higher than normal). The reservation is there in my list. The points were immediately deducted from my account. And about a week or so later the points deduction appeared on my Account Activity. I know people at the Club Lounge there so will confirm details nearer the date.

This week I made two paid-for reservations on the new SPG app for the Aloft Guangzhou and the W Guangzhou for October. Everything seems normal about them but I haven't checked with the hotels yet (actually I will just email the W because their suite upgrades can be phenomenal and there's a rare lounge for a W that I will be getting drunk in).

My only other upcoming reservation is at Ovolo Southside next weekend in HK but it doesn't show in my app because I booked direct and with them. I'll email my contact at the front desk before I arrive to ensure he has my new SPG number.

In all these hotels I will ensure that my new SPG number is used when I check in and when I check out.

My combined account online and on the app now appears to be correct if you ignore minor errors in the Account Activity prior to August 18. I think that they've adopted a Year Zero approach on August 18 to the migration of SPG data over so as long as the nights, points and statuses totals are now correct (which they are in the combined account) then the Account Activity record doesn't matter prior to August 18.

I've not had any stays since August 18 so cannot comment on stays posting. I've had one meal last weekend at the St Regis Shenzhen which posted within two days. One meal at the Ritz Carlton Macau has not posted after three weeks but I have all the receipts including the new points voucher/receipt so I'll follow up at some point and get this fixed.

I was able to register for the new promo online and it shows up in my account.

I appear to be good to go now. Let's see :-).