FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Travel Package General Discussion Thread
View Single Post
Old Sep 13, 2018, 5:31 pm
turbov6

Programs: National EE, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond, AC 50K
Called in today to the UK line today around 5pm EST so I suspect this may have bounced to another call center further East.

Asked if I could move a 7 day old category 5 travel package certificate which was attached to a reservation. Wanted to move it to a new reservation at a category 4 property. Agent said it wouldn't be a problem. However clearly something happened as they put me on hold several times and said something about making sure they didn't want to lose the certificate. Eventually the agent came back on the line and said not to worry that my account balance is now showing a negative balance that the manager when he comes in tomorrow would fix this and attach my certificate to the new reservation.

I'm glad I emptied out my balance like someone suggested earlier on in the thread before calling in as it's clearly obvious now there was a mistake made. The balance went down 45,000 points after whatever they did. I'll see what happens tomorrow and if the manager fixes it but have a feeling I will have to call back in to sort out this mess. I really hope the certificate wasn't lost in the process when it was detached! I asked for the certificate number but the agent didn't seem to know what I was talking about.