FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - All together now -- Continuing technical issues from the legacy SPG forum
Old Sep 13, 2018, 5:08 pm
CCIE_Flyer

Programs: UA Gold/1.5MM (several years running now!), Marriott LTTE, Hertz Prez
Originally Posted by X-ON
If LT status only will be awarded once in a calendar year that is just plain weird imagine you have 590 nights and 10 Years in Jan then stay 10 nights in Jan in this case you need to wait 11 Months for MAR to acknowledge your new status ...talk about creating incentive to stay at the competition....
Marriott simply can't stick to this absurd concept of annual LT calculation - on any level (neither nights nor status). First of all, it's laughable from a technology perspective; likewise from a business perspective. X-ON is spot-on regarding the huge disincentive that would represent to the exact kind of frequent travelers whose business they're trying to attract. And I say this as a casual observer with no horse in the race since my LT status is already sealed (also being pushed to an annual boundary, but that's at least a little more understandable as a one-off approach following the merger).

Edit: Just as a datapoint, I read further up this thread and saw the traffic regarding 2018 nights having been clawed back on Sept 5. I just did the math, and my LT nights total as reflected now is precisely my post-combine total, less my 2018 nights up to Sept 5. I've since had 2018 award nights stayed, but that hasn't posted to my account so no idea if things will begin to increment again as others have reported. What an absolute MESS!

Last edited by CCIE_Flyer; Sep 13, 2018 at 5:20 pm