FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Most ridiculous journey you've done/heard of?
Old Sep 12, 2018, 10:33 pm
Yachtman

Programs: QF Gold, WY Gold
When I worked for Carnival Corp we would be flown out to board the cruise ships on 'SEMN' fares which often had some bizarre routings but the company saved a few dollars here and there. One of the worst was flying from Manchester to Puenta Arenas and was flown MAN-LHR-MIA-SCL-PMC-PUQ and annoyingly the the flight from SCL-PMC was on an aircraft that was continuing to PUQ but the ticket booked required me to disembark and wait 3 hours where I would be placed on the next flight. No surprises that my bags didn't make it.

I once flew from Oman to Melbourne via Dubai for a company medical exam, landing in the morning, straight into the medical and flying back in the afternoon to Oman. That was also in economy... ouch.

I also flew MIA-JFK-ICN-CEB to find upon landing that I was needed back in Miami and was on a flight 12 hours later flying CEB-DVO-SIN-LHR-MIA, so circumnavigated the world in about 36 hours.

When I swallowed the anchor and stopped travelling last year having flown over 1 million miles (and sailed many millions more) in 12 years I have to say I don't miss the heavy work travel. But I do look forward to the leisure travel a lot more.