FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Parmelia Hilton Perth {AUS}
View Single Post
Old Sep 12, 2018, 1:30 am
wantan

Programs: Honors Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Accor Gold, OW Emerald, SIXT Diamond
Originally Posted by MP001
Rooms do indeed have the 80's style feeling. However, in my experience they are very well maintained.
I booked a basic room and as Diamond I was given the Queen suite. No need to ask. Water and fruit amenities were in the room.
Full breakfast offered in the restaurant and as they have no lounge I was offered a drink and tapas.
I was not driving, and it is very easy to walk everywhere, location is excellent.
do you remember if there was a door between the bedroom and living for the Queen Suite ? Also the Hilton website specfically mentions "exclusive 10th Floor" , anything special up there ?

Originally Posted by anabolism
I've always been upgraded from the cheapest room to a King Deluxe (such as x24 on the floor map) which I like. It's what other hotels would call a junior suite, as it's a large room divided into a sitting area with couch and chairs and a sleeping area with bed and bedside tables, but no actual door in between. There's an enormous walk-in dressing room, and a decent bath with separate tub and stall shower. I understand being reluctant to directly ask for an upgrade, but in your case the enjoyability of your stay and hence your book or not decision is based on the likelihood, so there's no harm in emailing a polite note that says you understand upgrades are based on availability and not guaranteed, etc., but that you will be with your family and your experience so threatened by a poor room that you might book elsewhere just to avoid the risk, and ask if, based on availability now, they could give you an estimate of the odds. In my case, I book two rooms, and have always gotten a King Deluxe connecting to a standard room. Two rooms means lots of room for everyone, especially when one room is effectively a junior suite.
thanks, I had another look at the website and struggle to find the difference between Suites and the Deluxe / Deluxe Plus rooms. All seem to have a separate seating area, does the Suite mean the spaces have a door between them ?

Originally Posted by lcohen999
You can park on the street after 5:30pm to 7:30am at no charge. I always tend to do that to avoid high parking rates
will be my first time back to Perth in decades, is the street parking still free over weekends ? (Friday evening to Monday morning)