FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Do&Co win massive catering deal (from 2020) for BA in LHR and IB & I2 in MAD
Old Sep 11, 2018, 8:31 pm
SinoBritAsia

Programs: BAEC Gold
Do&Co win massive catering deal (from 2020) for BA in LHR and IB & I2 in MAD

Worthy of its own thread and part of it is currently buried in New Club World Service 2017 - catering and bedding - experiences and reactions

High grade Austrian caterer Do&Co win a 10 year catering contract from spring 2020 to supply BA, Iberia and Iberia Express from their respective hubs in London Heathrow and Madrid.

In the linked thread above, Newcrest gets the LGW contact for BA.

So will the quality and taste of the catering improve dramatically? Either way, good move with Do&Co having a really good rep.

Some links (in German)
- https://diepresse.com/home/wirtschaf...ue-Mitarbeiter

Timing might be questionable but Do&Co need to build vastly larger kitchens and hire thousands more staff in preparation for taking on this contract. Why does it take until spring 2020?

... (slightly related but off the main topic)
Well, I would urge people to search for what happened with Asiana Airlines after it ditched LSG as its caterer, which involved murky bribe requests, the chairman of the airline/parent company, and ultimately tragic consequences. Either way, Asiana had weeks of flights without catered food especially on long haul after a chaotic change in catering supplier and unfortunate events.