FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Help with GPU-eligible fare to SGN
View Single Post
Old Sep 10, 2018, 9:38 am
fumje
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by docbert
Fair point (fare point?). I booked a SFO-SYD-BNE-SYD-SFO trip recently. I'd originally been lazy and checked the prices in W only. Then I looked it up on the UA website and it found what I wanted for a cheaper fare - at which point I discovered it was in V, and V was cheaper than W. It's also not uncommon for no W fare to be booked for certain routes.

Not sure if that was the form software or a cut-n-paste error, but editing the post and putting them back in done appear to have worked. Thanks for pointing it out!
Originally Posted by jsloan
No problem. It was definitely the software, because I originally had all of the eligible fare classes in my post, and then the same thing happened to mine, but I couldn't figure out how to fix it, so I just took out all of the classes except W.
My current (if somewhat imprecise) understanding of the forum software is that the standard 'reply' form applies a relatively heavy interpretation to the text entered, so formatting special characters may wind up being stripped without warning, but the 'edit' and 'preview' forms do less second guessing. I think there are some more nuances, but I can't recall them; it's unfortunate that there's no clear visual cue as to which behaviour you'll get, though.