FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Availability in F
View Single Post
Old Sep 9, 2018, 11:13 pm
24left
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by pkerr
It used to be that two weeks out or less that you could find a decent amount F awards to FRA or MUC from the U.S. I'm seeing almost zero seats from pretty much everywhere. Did I miss the memo and has that availability dried up?
Thanks
Well, yes, maybe you missed one memo and a press release and a variety of articles in various aviation and travel publications which listed all of the routes that would no longer get F with LH. Sure BOS still does, but since other locations don't, there is still the demand so perhaps people are routing to other cities.

Then, as perfectly noted by other posters here, LH and most airlines would rather sell seats for actual cash. After that, LH may prefer to hold inventory maybe for certain members, or bid upgrades.

Many airlines are eliminating F cabins, others are ordering new aircraft without F cabins. I don't know if LH's overall F inventory fluctuates but all of the partner airlines have to make a percentage of seats (value) available to the alliance partners for redemption. I'm quite sure there is no rule that says when or exactly which dates.

Others may know more but I would gently suggest that it doesn't really matter what was. What matters is what we can find when we want to fly and how flexible we are.

Happy travels.