FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Elite Night calculation for early departure
Old Sep 9, 2018, 8:02 pm
stant

Programs: Bonvoy ambassador - lifetime plat / Hilton diamond / hyatt globalist / AA CK baby!
Originally Posted by xar

yeah my company is ok as long as the job is done. I Guess the stays are the least of their concern. Besides it’s not as if they are putting me up in StR or the Ritz. (Plus this gives me opportunity to get my nights for 2019)

Noted on the comments! Perhaps I can try my luck informing the front that I may disappear for a few days in between but let’s see. Hopefully Asian properties aren’t as strict as others.
ignoring for a moment it's ridiculously wasteful to pay for a 3 weeks stay and only use 1 week of it - tell the front desk at checkin that you have a three week stay, you know you will be in town for at least 1 week, but you have to travel in and out of the city and you want a base of operations, so you want to make sure they do NOT check you out early. I would run this by with the management not just the front desk staff. The hotel would be happy to leave your room empty and bill you for it if you demand they do so... maybe leave some disposable toiletries and a cheap shirt of two as window-dressing.

be sure to call the front desk on the last official day of the stay to 'check out'...