FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - oneworld Multi-Carrier Awards - sharing ideas
Old Sep 9, 2018, 4:41 am
NetJets Germany

Programs: CX DM, SQ KF Gold
Originally Posted by NetJets Germany
Hello fellow Ft'ers,

I have got three questions, hope you can help me shed light on these issues:

1) I currently have a return booked SIN-HKG-JFK/EWR-HKG-SIN on CX in J under the old mileage redemption rates, i.e. 145k rtn. I would like to now effectively convert this into a longer OW multi-carrier and break up the ticket, so that the outbound is operated by QR instead (SIN-DOH-JFK) and the CX return flights EWR-HKG-SIN stay intact. Will this be possible, or do I risk losing my confirmed award space on EWR-HKG-SIN if I ask AM to fiddle with the ticket to make it a part of a bigger OW multi-carrier award?

2) Provided the above conversion is possible, I would like to book the following multi-carrier award:
SIN(QR)-xDOH(QR)-oJFK/ERW(CX)-xHKG(CX)-SIN//FRA(QR)-xDOH(QR)-oSIN(CX)-xHKG(CX)-AKL//CHC(QF)-xSYD(QF)-SIN
That should come out as 39,431 miles and therefore cost me 240,000 miles per person. I am counting 2 stop-overs, 5 transits and 2 open-jaws. Is there any reason why this itinerary would not fly and I could get push-back on it? Such as having too many transits as opposed to stop-overs?

3) Ideally I would like to fly from Europe to SIN on AY. However, as one-way awards are not an option using AM, how do I best search for availability these days?

4) For the final two segments CHC-SYD-SIN on QF, should I best use the BA website or QF's own to check availability? What is most reliable nowadays?

Many thanks for your kind advice!
I have started reading the first 31 pages of this thread now, bear with me while I try to get through to the end, and forgive me if the answer to the next question is on page 32 or beyond... Okay, so someone asked about this on page 39, but I have not seen any clear answer to it:

5) I will need to buy infant tickets for all of the award flights booked for myself and MrsNJG, so that our daughter can join us on these trips. Has anyone done this for their own offspring in the past or know how to do this? I presume I would have to buy all infant tickets via CX / MPC hotline, so that the revenue infant ticket can be tied to the award tickets for the parents?

Last edited by NetJets Germany; Sep 10, 2018 at 12:35 am Reason: Read some more