FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Travel Package General Discussion Thread
View Single Post
Old Sep 9, 2018, 1:08 am
Mister P.

Hi,
I have very basic question about the Travel Packages: I have read this and the previous thread, but haven't been able to find a precise answer: What is the actual process for booking a hotel with a TP? I got a Tier 1-3 TP prior to August 18th and got a confirmation email for it at the time.

My idea was to use it for an SPG property: I am aware I should wait til Sept. 18th but decided to give it a try:
  1. First call: Marriott Agent says that to book a SPG property I need to talk to them: Got transfer to SPG: agent had no clue about the TP, said I should talk directly to the hotel (Even give me phone number. Haven't call yet).
  2. Second call: Agent says that it is not possible to book rewards booking over the phone. Only online (?)
Just to add that the SPG property I am looking at doesn't have SPG Free nights available for the 7-days I am looking at, but it does display the following message: If the lowest standard rate is available and SPG Free Nights are not, please contact us to redeem your Free Night Awards (It does have lowest standard rate avail.)

What was the TP booking process like prior Aug. 18th? Any suggestions for the new TP scenario?