FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort [Master Thread]
Old Sep 8, 2018, 10:14 pm
kjc313

Originally Posted by Snuggs

Sorry to displease you bucko, but that’s the way I read his reviews. After staying, I re-read and rewatched all of them, wondering what he was so taken by. As to what you “think” the resort did or didn’t know, I’m guessing that neither of us can speak authoritatively on the subject. I will say that “small service” items at a +$2k/night resort ARE big things. TPG must have felt so as he states that he sought out the GM for several days.

My comments aren’t intended to be an overwhelming endorsement of the Conrad, only that they were suggested by TPG, et al, to be a lesser property. The only bias I have is that his review of the St Regis is what I experienced... not quite five stars... except I never made the turn to “realize” how perfect it was. Probably because they knew I didn’t have a camera crew coming?

Any way, I expressed my opinions from what I experienced, and compared the results. I also simply related what TPG wrote. And, I was suggesting, that, in my opinion, the person who bailed and chose the W did the right thing. You, on the other hand, have a lot of nerve suggesting I made anything up. Quantity of posts neither equal quality nor confer expertise.. Just my opinion to you and all the other flamers who get racked off when someone else has differing experiences, views and opinions.
Thanks for your insight.